Friday, June 13, 2008

Flooding

If you've caught the news, you'll see that Cedar Rapids, Ia is underwater. Thankfully we live about 2 blocks up on a hill from the flood. However, we are only allowed to use water to drink (no showers, washing clothes or dishes). We have no home phone, cable or internet. We lost electric last night, but it came back on after about 7 hours. However, I'm not trusting it!!!

But the good news is our house is fine. Aaron still has to work - bogus! But Rhys and I escaped to Illinois and plan to stay awhile. Aaron will join us tomorrow as we had planned to do anyway because we're seeing the Swell Seasons in Chicago on Sunday (whoo hooo!) Anyway, they think the water situation will last for another couple of weeks - so we'll see what will happen.

So, pray for all the people who have lost their homes - thankfully no one has lost their lives! And for the rebuilding of our city.

For more info check out www.kcrg.com

2 comments:

Kate said...

I was thinking of you all and hoping you were okay!!

Jessica McCoy said...

Glad to hear the house is okay...but yeah, I can see where the water supply issues and lack of power might make you want to relocate.

Definitely praying for everyone and will most likely be organizing a fundraiser to benefit the local chapter of the Red Cross & the University of Iowa.