Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

I loved this book. Like it's in my top 5 best books I've ever read. And I was really excited for this movie...but then saw the cast and was like, "Ugh" and now I see the trailer and I'm actually ok with it. I'm hoping that the lameness of the romance stuff is just trailer fodder and all the awesome angst and darkness of the book will still be represented in all it's crazy sci-fi glory.

So here it is.....

4 comments:

Kate said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book too! Like top 3 maybe! ;) I actually pictured him like Eric Bana, but Rachel McAdams is totally off in my opinion. I know this movie will NOT live up to the book, I'm sort of reluctant to even see it....

BAK said...

It is one of my faves too (sorry, I linked over from Lucy.) I've been WAITING for this movie forever. You can tell what they have changed, but it looks like it will work. I am excited for the movie; I've even been watching Rachel McAdams' movies so that I can see if I would like her as Clair. How awesome that you posted this!

Kristen said...

HI Kate!!!! And Welcome Becky K! I'm very hesitant about Rachel McAdams too.....and even Eric Bana is looking to weird and not near hot enough to me (which is dumb because he's HOT!)

And it would totally be in my top 5 if I could put the LOTR series as just 1 slot and the Twilight Saga in the other. Rounded out by The Book Thief and possibly The Narnia series.

I'm going to see the movie, even if it gets bombed by the critics for my bday (aug 20th) because I just really want to see it.

I think it's time to reread the book too!

Lucy said...

I think they both work. It'll be interesting to see if they can fit such a complicated idea into a few hours.