Friday, May 25, 2007

Yeah!

I did it! My first BRICK! I know this sounds like babysteps, but for me, this is kinda a big deal. I successful took the front tire off and on by myself, corrected a brake problem as well. Rode for almost 6 miles, tried a Hammergel, which could possibly be the grossest thing ever - but I need to practice nutrition, so there ya go. I also ate a few gnats for protein - ewwww.

Rode to the van, hopped off and got the bike tire back off and put the bike in the van. Took a drink, put my capris over my bike shorts (no one needs to see me walking around in those things - at least not yet) and headed out for my 30 min walk.

While I checked my time I accidently restarted my heart monitor. Total bummer....so had to kinda guestimate how far I needed to go before I had to turn around. I even ran a little - keeping a close eye on my heart monitor.

When I got to my van a noticed a little detail I left out. I forgot to put my friggin front tire back in the van! Thank God the people of CR are trustworthy, that would have SUCKED if someone had stolen it. Oh well....

Instead of stretching (I was pissed off about that tire) I jumped back in the van and here I am, alive and not too hungry or achy. So, if I remember what was previously on my heartrate monitor, I burned about 950 cals in a little over an hour. SUUUUHHHHHWWEEEEEET!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I am so SO proud of you!