Anyone read this book?

Please discuss. And if you haven't put it on your summer/fall reading list.
I cried a lot today reading it, not only for the amazing story - but also a lot of links between their story and my own family's with Dad's disease, sickness and liver transplant. My brother and I were on the fringe for a lot of it, which was really scary. Deep down I knew why (too young, and then too far away)- but it didn't stop the resentment and frustration that I felt. Reading Lee's struggle with giving her kids the right amount of info without scaring them, was something I didn't think about my Mom having to deal with. I mean, I knew she did, but didn't think how tough that was to her. Her number 1 priority had to be my Dad.
Anyway - I hope someone else reads it so I can have someone to talk to about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment