On our way to playgroup yesterday, this conversation happened:Rhys - See that over there? That's a cemetery.
Me - Yes it is.
Rhys - That's where the people go when they die, in the ground like that.
Me - Um, yep.
Rhys - When I get big I'm going to help them.
Me - Help them, what?
Rhys - Help them dig the holes with my digger, so they can go into the ground like that.
Me - Ok.....
Rhys - I'll have a small digger to use just for that, to help them.
Me - Ok.
(postscript: When my Dad was watching Rhys while I was gone, they took a walk to the park that goes by this cemetery which we drive by every day and Rhys has never noticed. Rhys asked what it was, and my poor Dad had to explain about death, what those flowers and gravestones are, etc to a 3 1/2 year old. Rhys took it pretty well, but is now completely obsessed with it. I suppose there are worse things than a wannabe grave digger in the family.)
3 comments:
I can name 10 worse things! haha But I'll spare you :o) Little kids are so funny. My youngest brother for the longest time wanted to a garbage man when he was older. And he was DEAD serious. I think he was just obsessed with the truck! Do you have any names picked out for your little one?
My boys are boring. They want to be Jedi knights and football players. Gravedigger...that's really creepy and cool!
Aren't grandpa's great?!? Todd put my dad in time-out once---and my dad went!
Post a Comment