Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Tidbits from Yesterday

Yesterday I had a bad day. I woke up not knowing it was going to be bad but here it is:

1. Met with a client/friend and got very sick because of the heat of the room. Nothing says professional like puking in the adjoining bathroom.

2. Our new neighbors got a chocolate lab puppy. They are gone all day at work and lock it in the dog run next to our house. She cries all day and it's the saddest thing ever. The windows are closed (it's only 47 degrees this morning!) and I can still hear her. Seriously - who does that?

3. Rhys had his first bout of explosive diarrhea before his nap. Thankfully on the bathroom linoleum. Every time he got up from the toilet he pooped on the floor. Gaggingly, I cleaned it all up, peeled off his poopy socks and nearly cried when he said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts so bad it makes me want to cry." Poor mite.

4. While cooking chicken in a skillet for dinner, I reached up to the above cabinet for the rice and burned my tummy on the skillet. So now to add to the stretch marks that have stretch marks, needle pokes and various bruises from needle pokes or running into things when I misjudge the size of my belly, I have a burn. Poor Zeus/ette.

So I sat down on the couch and just cried it out. Rhys says, in his T-shirt and underwear - "Are you crying Mama? Do you know what would make you feel better? Me playing the trombone." and he did, on his coat hanger trombone, and it did make me feel better.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Awww...huge hug from Kansas to you! {{{HUG}}} I hate, despise, dread days like that. BUT the nice thing is we get to wake up the next day and start anew. (sheesh...when did I get all Suzy Sunshine....[barf])Hope today is going better!