Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year, then.

I know my loyal bloggy readers forgive me for not writing in forever! But here's a quick note all the same. Merry Christmas, first off, since I missed saying it in a timely manner. Many of you will receive a Christmas card/baby announcement from me if I actually get around to mailing those suckers out. It may have to wait until I'm at my folks next weekend to do Christmas with them. Meaghan has gotten really fond of being held ALL THE TIME so it's hard to get much done unless she's in the sling.

Not complaining of course, but it's the fact of my life right now.

So happy New Years to you! I hope 2009 brings all the wishes and success and joy you desire. I'm joining the never ending bandwagon to become more fit and lose all the weight I've gained since high school! That's the number one. Other than that I'm really happy with my life right now, my fitness level is the only thing I want to change.

Thankfully breastfeeding is really helping me out here. I've now lost 24 pounds and am about 5 lbs below my prepregnancy weight. So I just really have to watch it with my intake and stay on my GD diet. On that note all is well too. Meaghan never had problems in the hospital and my blood sugar levels have been fine. Phew! However, I know for an absolute fact that losing weight is vital to keeping Type II Diabetes out of my life for good.

I'm flipping around the idea to take my weight loss journey, etc public. If so I won't do it here - this is more for family stuff. I'm trying to do something totally different to kick my butt into gear. I figure I have 3 more weeks to figure it out before I get the ok from the doc to exercise again. So once that happens I will have a plan and will let you all in on it.

Once again, Happy New Year!!!!!

Oh - ps! I'm on the Twilight bandwagon folks....just read the first 2 books and saw the movie last night. It was great until the last 10 minutes when Aaron texted me a pic of Meaghan screaming her head off. I don't think I'll be allowed to go to the movies again for awhile.....oh well..... The movie was really fun and I'm so happy to have girlfriends here to go with!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you are doing so well and that you are having time to take for yourself!!! A new year feels like such a fresh start doesn't it?? I KNOW you can accomplish your goals!! I'll be a virtual cheerleader for you! (since I'm so 'rah-rah' and all.....)
;)

Brandon Bridge said...

Happy New Year to you as well! So glad you and your cute family are doing so well! Can't wait to hear the news on what you plan to do weight loss wise...I'm your biggest fan, and I KNOW you can do this!!