Meg's first taste of birthday cake - Uh, I think she liked it. Plus she ate all but 4 bites of my baked sweet potato and 2 whole rolls at Texas Roadhouse. 
One of my favorite bloggy friends celebrated her 34th birthday with a post of 34 'things' about her. (Yeah Lucy!) I loved reading it and decided that I would do the same. However, yesterday went way faster than I planned and posting on my actual birthday didn't happen!
So, a day late - but here it is:
1. Watching movies is one of my favorite things to do. But please don't talk to me in the middle of one. Thanks in advance.
2. I never thought I'd be on twitter - and I am, and I love it. Same goes with texting - it's so addictive.
3. The answer is chocolate - every time. I will NEVER pick vanilla. EVER. E V E R.
4. I enjoy reading other people's blogs much more than posting my own.
5. One of my scariest dreams when I was a kid involved a man jumping through the window in my parent's bedroom (in our house in California) and stabbing me in the back. But I didn't die, I just layed there on the ground bleeding and praying he didn't kill the rest of my family. I think this dream started when I was 7 or so. I STILL have it, but now my family is my husband and kids, but I'm still stuck in my parents house in California. The mind is so messed up.
6. I remember most of my dreams. See above. They usually make no sense and involve people I don't know in real life. Who are these people in my dreams? Are they real people I've seen at the dentist office or Walmart? Or complete fabrications?
7. I put on a pair of jeans this morning (it's COLD!) and they fit better than they did the last time I wore them. Which is saying something because they were freshly washed (they always fit better the second day, right?) AND I ate my weight in cake yesterday.
8. Speaking of cake - homemade fudge frosting is better than ANYTHING you can buy in the store.
9. I get excited ever time I see a UPS or FedEx truck - I always think they are delivering something for me.
10. I have found I'm good at writing fiction. But everything above or below is true. I promise.
11. Sometimes I wish I had a 'real job' so I could get away for 8 hours straight and not feel guilty. But then I think I really like wearing pajamas until 10am. So, it's a toss up.
12. I still like real greeting cards better than virtual ones. I need to be better sending them out - because I think most of the world feels the same. However, facebook birthday wishes are amazing.
13. I write with far too many exclamation points - and dashes - and commas, but I refuse to apologize for it!!!
14. I can't write in pure cursive. My handwriting is a constantly changing evolution of print and cursive and slop. Sorry.
15. If I won the lottery - I would travel. I might upgrade to a bigger house, but actually I'd just pay it off, pay off all our debt and then travel. Travel to see the states I've missed, and then go to the UK, Europe and eventually work my way to Eastern Europe. I think I'd rather go to Austrailia than Asia and then maybe get to Africa. When I win the lottery I'll let you know my definite plans.
16. Joining Marching Band in high school and college was probably the best decisions of my life. I can't imagine how different my life would be if I decided not to do it. I wouldn't have met my best friends or my husband.
17. Same goes with studying abroad. My life would have been so much emptier. In some ways I think those changes were even bigger than having children. However, I think I'm still in survival mode, so I'm sure I'll see the impact in a few more years.
18. I only listen to CDs when I drive. However, I'm doing a lot more of it now since I'm trying to turn off the TV as much as possible.
19. I like bananas, but not banana flavored things.
20. My favorite starburst is lemon.
21. I only started eating peanut butter and jelly a couple of years ago.
22. Icecream will always be my dessert of choice.
23. I love to cook and bake, but despise cleaning up after myself.
24. When we moved into this house, my least favorite part was the kitchen (can you say 1960s green anyone?) but now it's my favorite part!
25. I used to not mind driving at night, and now I avoid it as much as I can. Weird.
26. I'm going to apply to the nursery at the YMCA so I can get a free gym membership.
27. My best friend is having twins on Thursday. We're both mourning the loss of our easy breezy friendship. It's like she's moving to a different country! But I know we'll survive it and we'll be back to 'normal' in 6 months or so. It only took about 3 months with Meg for her and I to hang out again on a whim, so I think doubling it will be a good guideline. Of course, it's twins, so who knows?
28. My favorite color is purple.
29. I think I love coloring and cutting my hair a little more than I should.
30. I love painting my toenails saucy colors, but refuse to wear nailpolish on my fingernails.
31. I only want to drink when I can't. Like when I'm pregnant or on call. Those are the times I really crave wine or beer. Then when I can have it, I'm not that bothered.
32. My kids are not cuddly - so when they do I nearly cry because I love it so much. And then when I'm holding other people's children who are cuddly - I hold them that much tighter.
33. I love my thirties - I really think it only gets better from here. And if you read all of this - then I love you too! Ok, I love you even if you didn't read all of this and just skimmed to the bottom. I promise. :)
So, a day late - but here it is:
1. Watching movies is one of my favorite things to do. But please don't talk to me in the middle of one. Thanks in advance.
2. I never thought I'd be on twitter - and I am, and I love it. Same goes with texting - it's so addictive.
3. The answer is chocolate - every time. I will NEVER pick vanilla. EVER. E V E R.
4. I enjoy reading other people's blogs much more than posting my own.
5. One of my scariest dreams when I was a kid involved a man jumping through the window in my parent's bedroom (in our house in California) and stabbing me in the back. But I didn't die, I just layed there on the ground bleeding and praying he didn't kill the rest of my family. I think this dream started when I was 7 or so. I STILL have it, but now my family is my husband and kids, but I'm still stuck in my parents house in California. The mind is so messed up.
6. I remember most of my dreams. See above. They usually make no sense and involve people I don't know in real life. Who are these people in my dreams? Are they real people I've seen at the dentist office or Walmart? Or complete fabrications?
7. I put on a pair of jeans this morning (it's COLD!) and they fit better than they did the last time I wore them. Which is saying something because they were freshly washed (they always fit better the second day, right?) AND I ate my weight in cake yesterday.
8. Speaking of cake - homemade fudge frosting is better than ANYTHING you can buy in the store.
9. I get excited ever time I see a UPS or FedEx truck - I always think they are delivering something for me.
10. I have found I'm good at writing fiction. But everything above or below is true. I promise.
11. Sometimes I wish I had a 'real job' so I could get away for 8 hours straight and not feel guilty. But then I think I really like wearing pajamas until 10am. So, it's a toss up.
12. I still like real greeting cards better than virtual ones. I need to be better sending them out - because I think most of the world feels the same. However, facebook birthday wishes are amazing.
13. I write with far too many exclamation points - and dashes - and commas, but I refuse to apologize for it!!!
14. I can't write in pure cursive. My handwriting is a constantly changing evolution of print and cursive and slop. Sorry.
15. If I won the lottery - I would travel. I might upgrade to a bigger house, but actually I'd just pay it off, pay off all our debt and then travel. Travel to see the states I've missed, and then go to the UK, Europe and eventually work my way to Eastern Europe. I think I'd rather go to Austrailia than Asia and then maybe get to Africa. When I win the lottery I'll let you know my definite plans.
16. Joining Marching Band in high school and college was probably the best decisions of my life. I can't imagine how different my life would be if I decided not to do it. I wouldn't have met my best friends or my husband.
17. Same goes with studying abroad. My life would have been so much emptier. In some ways I think those changes were even bigger than having children. However, I think I'm still in survival mode, so I'm sure I'll see the impact in a few more years.
18. I only listen to CDs when I drive. However, I'm doing a lot more of it now since I'm trying to turn off the TV as much as possible.
19. I like bananas, but not banana flavored things.
20. My favorite starburst is lemon.
21. I only started eating peanut butter and jelly a couple of years ago.
22. Icecream will always be my dessert of choice.
23. I love to cook and bake, but despise cleaning up after myself.
24. When we moved into this house, my least favorite part was the kitchen (can you say 1960s green anyone?) but now it's my favorite part!
25. I used to not mind driving at night, and now I avoid it as much as I can. Weird.
26. I'm going to apply to the nursery at the YMCA so I can get a free gym membership.
27. My best friend is having twins on Thursday. We're both mourning the loss of our easy breezy friendship. It's like she's moving to a different country! But I know we'll survive it and we'll be back to 'normal' in 6 months or so. It only took about 3 months with Meg for her and I to hang out again on a whim, so I think doubling it will be a good guideline. Of course, it's twins, so who knows?
28. My favorite color is purple.
29. I think I love coloring and cutting my hair a little more than I should.
30. I love painting my toenails saucy colors, but refuse to wear nailpolish on my fingernails.
31. I only want to drink when I can't. Like when I'm pregnant or on call. Those are the times I really crave wine or beer. Then when I can have it, I'm not that bothered.
32. My kids are not cuddly - so when they do I nearly cry because I love it so much. And then when I'm holding other people's children who are cuddly - I hold them that much tighter.
33. I love my thirties - I really think it only gets better from here. And if you read all of this - then I love you too! Ok, I love you even if you didn't read all of this and just skimmed to the bottom. I promise. :)
5 comments:
hope you had a great b'day! I don't know why, but I cried reading your list. Does this make me a loser?? :) will you still be my friend? HAPPY 33 old friend!! (oh, I meant 'old' as in I've known you for a while, not old as in years....) :P
You are SO not a loser - you're pregnant. If you need a laugh just check out that manbabies link. That'll sober you up fast!
Of COURSE I'll still be your friend - are you kidding me? You're one of my high school band mates that I'm so happy I met! Jeez, I've known you since I was 16. That's so cool......
Hope you had a great birthday! Loved reading your list!
Great list! I didn't know a lot of that stuff. It's fun getting to know you better.
Hope your birthday was FANtastic.
I think I just spotted a cute mini-uhyesplease!! Strong genes indeed (2nd pic!) can't stop grinning, this is too cute... LOL...
"Wanna some cake?" - "Uh, yes please!"
Post a Comment