Friday, August 07, 2009

Uh. Help?

I need zucchini recipes. I have it coming out of the yinyang....

So far, I have done these things:

Zuccini bread
sauted zuccini in spagetti sauce
grilled zuccini
sauted with onion, and olive oil, with a bit of cheese on top
the above mashed up to a pulp and fed to daughter

anything else peeps???

4 comments:

BAK said...

Zucchini bake. I have a recipe over here. http://becky-kump.blogspot.com/2009/08/running-low-on-bloggy-fodder.html.

Kristen said...

Becky to the rescue! Thanks!

Kasey said...

Sorry. I have nothing. It seems you have all the basics. You could puree a bunch and add it to speghetti sauce. That's a sneaky veggie trick. Good luck!

Jessica McCoy said...

From this month's Runner's World:

Zucchini w/ Almonds and Croutons

3/4 c. blanched almonds
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cumin
pinch of salt
juice of half a lemon
1 pound small zucchini

2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. white balsamic vinegar
1 T. almond oil
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. minced shallots
1 packed cup of mixed whole herbs, including parsley, chervil, dill, and mint
2 cups croutons

Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix first six ingredients. Spread on a baking sheet; roast for eight minutes until light brown. Set aside to cool. Slice zucchini into 1/2 in. semi-circles. Saute for two minutes in extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Remove to a bowl and cool a little. Add almonds and remaining ingredients except herbs and croutons. Season with salt and pepper. Wait five minutes, then toss in herbs and croutons. Serves four.

--

So, the short summary--roast the almonds for 8 minutes in the oven. While doing this, lightly sautee the zucchini. Let it cool for a few minutes, then toss it all together. Then let it cool for a few more minutes, and throw in the herbs and croutons.

---

I do a similar thing with green beans, but I sautee them in chopped garlic and olive oil. Mmm...