I know some people don't get along with there MILs. I totally get this - cuz it's hard to marry into a family and be accepted and "get" them, ya know? However I totally lucked out in this department. I freaking LOVE my MIL.
Why?
She is cool. I mean, she's a complete dork and totally owns it. She's a great listener and never seems to get tired of me yacking my jaw off.
Also, she buys me clothes. Always has. My own mother stopped buying me clothes in high school because I hated everything she picked out. My MIL buys me jeans! JEANS! And they always fit! How does she do this? For my birthday she got me a pair of jeans (in a size smaller than I thought I'd fit in - sweet!), a cute tshirt, a super pretty undershirt, cami sort of thing and this really pretty (and yeah, sexy!) silky top to go over the cami. I was floored. And they all fit!
For our anniversary she bought super cute things for the house. She knows I don't spend money on those sort of things - I mean, my mom took me shopping (YAY!) for my birthday since I hadn't bought anything for myself in two years. *sigh* I know. I did buy 2 'maternity' tops with birthday money last year, which I still wear because they are actually just regular tops in a size bigger and they stil fit fine since they are flowy-like tops.
I guess the thing is, it's fun to have a mom who is super sensible and sends me money to 'spend' on myself though I almost always use it to pay for our car tags or groceries or things like that. This year I made her take me shopping so I wouldn't do that sort of no fun stuff. And then it's fun to have a MIL who is brave and buys me jeans, of all things, and knows me well enough to buy the right size, even tho I haven't been in that size for almost 3 years.
When I have a chance, I'll take a photo of my cute outfit and post it!
Three cheer for MIL!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment