Monday, March 19, 2007

Ode to Spring Break

Oh Spring Break, I looked so forward to you for weeks. But I had no idea what you had in store for me. Between the oven and coffee maker breaking down, the barfing flu for myself, a son who decided it was time to get up between 5-6 am every day and merely nap a 45 minutes in the afternoon, a whole household of massive runny noses/coughing/fever/miserableness, topped off with a healthy dose of work related issues - I'm just not sure what to pick as my favorite event?

And the saddest thing of them all, I could only check off 2 things on my massive Spring Break to-do list. I guess it will have to wait until the summer, only 6 weeks until finals......

So until next year, Spring Break, maybe I'll see you in Mexico or someplace tropical and fun. I'm sure barfing in a hotel bathroom would feel much more like a holiday than this one.

Sincerely, me

No comments: