Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The other day....


Yes, those are his ribs, this kid is skinny and he's in the 97% percentile in weight - woah.
Cheeeeeeeese!
Seriously - are you done with the pictures yet?

Looka me! I have an airway now! And a uvula!

Rhys loves to talk....which is funny because we have to take him to a speech therapist so that other people, besides myself, can understand him. I thought I'd put in a little snippit of a journal I keep for him (and myself) a la Doogie Howser on a nice little word document. I started it after I quit my job in July 2005, he was 5 months old. Todays entry I had to sum up about 4 months of stuff and I try to put in things he says since i'm sure 4 more months from now I will forget all of it. Just to warn you - we're still big into potty talk, anatomy and constantly repeating things. Anyway, here is my running stream of consciousness from conversations from today:

Some of the favorite things you say are: Hoobs (Um yeah, that's Boobs), appropriate, thank you, pleeeeeese, I love you mommy, and I love daddy too. I did it the other day. I watched this with you, but it was too scary for you. Hey hey look at me do this! I’m peeing all by myself then I’ll wash my hands with soap – see????? No, I not in trouble, you in trouble. Where’s your penis mommy? I have a penis in my pants and so does daddy. You have a bagina? See, I wipe my butt like this, with this paper, see it? See it? See me do it by myself like a big boy? Food goes in my mouth, to my hoobs, and then my tummy and then out my butt. I like this cookie, but it is too spicy for you, Mom. Say whaaaaaaaat? When I get bigger, I will get to turn on the stove, like you Mommy. When I get bigger I get to do that, right? I get to turn on the stove? Like you? I get to turn the stove on like you when I get bigger, right Mommy? Touching the heater is only for big kids like me, ok. Big kids like you mommy, but when I get bigger, I get to touch it, right mommy? I get to touch it like this, the heater, when I get bigger like you? Right? Right Mommy? Oh no, I’m falling off the couch….Mom….mom…..mmoooooooommm. Help me, help me, I’m falling off the couch. No no! Don’t help me, I want to fall off like that. DON’T TOUCH ME MOM!!!!!!!!!

No comments: