A friend of mine has put up a fun blog amongst her friends to get fit and strong in 2008. I thought it was a great idea. I found this on my TNO site and challenge all of you to a race. It can be anything from a fun run/walk to a full fledge marathon or triathlon if it suits you. Either way, I have found great joy and amazing accomplishment though my own races.
For a moment, when you are at the starting line,
stop everything,
listen to your heartbeat, listen really closely to it.
In those beats you will also hear the voices of everyone who loves you and,
know one thing for sure,
in their voices you will find the strength.
Now is a good time to step back a minute,
let it all sink in.
You are about to become a member of a select group of people,
not just those who ran a Marathon,
but those who had the heart and drive to achieve
what at one time they thought could not be achieved.
That is your strength
That is your confidence,
That is YOU!!!
Anonymous.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Count me in. Maybe this is the year for me to FINALLY do a triathlon (depending on when/if I return to the US this year) or get back into marathoning.
Otherwise, it will be the year that I learn to belly dance and to make organic/whole foods the majority of my diet and give up carbonated beverages/high fructose corn syrup and white flour/sugar/partially hydrogenated oil.
Either way: here's to a healthy 2008 & beyond!
Post a Comment